Windows update is the online process which helps to keep your PC up-to-date and Updates of Window can only be done by means of Windows Update Website or Microsoft Update Website. But sometimes when you seek to install updates or check for updates then you are not allowed to perform those and also gets an windows update error 0X80248011 message. There is the database in your system which also stores the Windows updates information on your system. If any problem arises in this database then you are powerless to install updates and receive this windows update error 0X80248011. This is the error which appears and affects on all the versions of windows operating system, including windows 8. If you are ignoring the appearance of this windows update error then further you may have to face other serious problems with your system so fix this error without any more ado.
Why windows update error 0x80248011 occurs?
- The first reason for generating this error is the problem created in system database which stores Windows Update information.
- When any harmful malicious program gets installed in your system then this windows update error occurs.
What are the symptoms?
When you check for windows updates or endeavor to install updates for windows sometimes you might have receive this windows update error code 0X80248011.
How to fix Windows update error 0X80248011?
Microsoft Internet Explorer cache should be cleaned, before you take a step to fix this windows update error.
- Open Internet Explorer browser then click on Tools menu and then click on Internet Options.
- Then click on the general tab, under the genera tab click Delete Files option which is present in the Temporary Internet Flies and then click on ok button.
Now to fix this error you have to remake the database which carries the Windows Update information and to work on this press Windows Key + R key, to open run command box. When the run command box open then type cmd and then click on ok.
- When the command prompt page opens then type the command that is net stop wuauserv and then presses enter.
- In the command prompt, type the cd /d c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and then press enter.
- In the command prompt, type the “rd /S /Q DataStore” command with quotes and then press enter.
- At last again in the command prompt type the net start wuauserv command and then press enter.
- Then close the command prompt. Finally the database has been recreated.
On the other hand, if you want to fix this error easily and automatically then use third party repair tool.