If this message “the paging file is too small for this operation to complete” suddenly pop-up on your screen then there is an error with your computer with error hexadecimal code 0x800705AF.
This is a severe windows problem, but, don’t panic, there is a solution to the problem! Windows notifies its users of potential problem to the PC with different error codes, one of such error code is the windows error 0x800705AF, which usually indicates a windows update error.
Causes of windows error 0x800705AF
The cause of windows error 0x800705AF can be due to several reasons which include:
- Missing system or dll files
- Corrupted or damaged system files
- Incorrect registry files
- Deletion of an important program
- Virus or malware infection
- Incomplete download or installation of windows update
Symptoms of Windows error 0x800705AF
This windows error comes with various degrees of symptoms. They include:
- Frequent PC freezing
- Constant prompt error messages
- Accidental closing of certain programs
- Blue screen of death (BSOD)
- System crash
Solutions to windows error 0x800705AF
Each solution to this windows error is a step by step procedure, to make it explicit for everyone including a beginner computer user.
Solution 1: System restore
System restore is a windows function that allows the system to restore to an earlier restore point the computer was functioning well. Follow these steps to perform system restore
- Go to windows key
- Then search for control panel
- Under “control panel” go to the “search box”
- Type “recovery”
- Then click “recovery” which is at the top of the search results
- Click “open system restore”
- Wait for few seconds while system restore starts
- Click next
- Choose a restore point
- Then click next
- Then click finish
- Restart your system after successful system restore
Solution 2: Disable Antivirus program temporarily
Antivirus program mark some windows installer files as spam, which are important to windows update or any other updating. Disable the antivirus program temporarily and reactivate after the problem is resolved.
Solution 3: system file checker utility
Run the system file checker utility to scan, check for errors in the registry files and fix it. The steps include:
- Navigate to the search box
- Type cmd
- Right click on cmd
- Click on “run as administrator”
- Where you see c:\users\computer name\
- Type sfc/scannow
- The sfc will detect errors in files and fix it
- Restart your PC after successful run of system file checker
Microsoft Windows understands how much your PC means to you, and that is the reason for the windows error 0x800705AF to notify you of an error also give you a hint to the solution.
The windows error 0x800705AF can be due to missing or damaged registry files or incomplete download, or installing of windows update.
The solution includes running sfc utility, disable antivirus program temporarily and enable it after the issue is resolved or perform system restore to restore your system to a point it was functioning well.
Besides, these solutions, you can also download an online utility to help the fix the windows error automatically.