Windows defender is that software which helps to identifies and removes virus, malwares and Trojans etc from your system. For earlier versions of windows, windows defender is an antispyware program which offers real time protection and pros-infection scanning with removal of harmful programs which gets automatically installed in your PC. And for windows 8, windows defender is a full antivirus program with same above given features and when you install windows 8 in your PC then you get free installed windows defender software in this windows version. But sometimes when you try to run windows defender then it is unable to run because of the windows defender error 0x80073b01. 0x80073b01 this is the windows defender error which you receive when you try to access this software. If you are one of the sufferer of this windows defender error then don’t get apprehensive, if you follow the given below instructions then you can without any problems remove this error.
Why windows defender error code 0x80073b01 occurs?
- If there is missing of defender file from the windows registry then this error appears.
- If defender file gets corrupt or damaged then this error occurs and this is only when you change your registry settings or installing of harmful virus is also responsible for generating this windows defender error 0x80073b01.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to access windows defender to remove virus, Trojans, malwares and malicious program etc from your system then you are unable to access defender and receives an error message code 0x80073b01.
How to fix windows defender error 0x80073b01?
If you want to fix this error manually then you need to open windows registry and delete the entry msseces.exe.
- To open registry editor, press windows + R key button, when run command box opens then type regedit and then press enter.
- When the windows registry editor page opens then find and click on the registry subkey that is “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Image File Execution Options\ “ and then delete the msseces.exe entry.
- Then go to the next registry subkey that is “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer\DisallowRun” and then delete the msseces.exe entry.
- Then restart your PC and then again try to run windows defender software.
By this above manual process you can fix this windows defender error 0x80073b01.
But if you want fix error more straightforwardly and permanently then use third party repair tool. This tool not only fixes this windows defender error 0x80073b01 but also removes malwares, virus and Trojans etc and also makes your system running smooth.