Updates for Windows is to prevent your or fix problems of your system and it also boost up your system performance. But sometimes when you complete the windows updates process and reboot your system then you suddenly receive the error message:-
“Error: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused the issue after you install Windows Updates.”
This error message occurs when an update file gets missed from your windows registry. This window error should be fixed immediately because this error will further foil you from installing updates for your installed Windows version. This windows error message appears same in all the Microsoft Windows versions.
Why this windows error message creates?
- Unfortunately, this windows error message occurs when a registry file gets corrupt or damaged.
- Another reason for creating this windows error message is the destructive programs which get automatically installed in your system and also known as virus, malicious program, Trojans and malwares etc. And the being there of these harmful programs in your system corrupts or damages your installed files badly.
What are the symptoms?
- Due to this windows error message you system will not able to boot up properly.
- Your system will take long time to shut down and its working speed also decreases.
How to fix this windows error message?
This windows error message can be fixed by using the Last Known Good Configuration tool to start windows.
- To start you Pc with the Last Known Good Configuration, you have to follow the given below steps:-
- Go and click to the windows start button and then take your cursor to the shut down button and just beside of the this button click on the arrow button, then select the restart option.
- As your PC restarts press F8 function key. But remember this should be done just before the appearance of windows logo.
- Now you will enter to the Advanced Boot Options screen, then take your cursor to the Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) and then hit enter.
- This will start your system in Last Known Good Configuration mode.
If you are not able to fix this windows error message manfully then we recommend you to use third party repair tool/software. This powerful tool provides you internet security so that it can prevent from entering of harmful programs. This tool also fixes the windows errors and also cleans your system by removing the harmful programs and from many other system unwanted files.